- 9/1/2020 - FEATURED HAWAIIAN NOTE CARD - Chinatown - Honolulu, Hawaii Note Card Collection
Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau examines the realities of daily life in Chinatown - Honolulu, Hawaii.
- 9/1/2020 - Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau Newsletter September 2020
Latest news, events, new art and more from Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau.
- 9/7/2020 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Kumuhula
Inspiration: The renaissance movement of Hawaiian Dance which appeared in the 60's was driven by a dozen hula masters on all Islands, the majority of which were men. This painting shows the physical strength coupled with its androgenous sensitivity.
- 9/14/2020 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Ka Lio o ke Kai
Inspiration: Horse of the Sea. Reminiscent of crossing a mountain to see what's on the other side.
- 9/21/2020 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Kahi-1
Inspiration: Kahi! The art of pushing and pulling in chorus to turn the canoe 180 degrees.
- 9/28/2020 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Ohia 'Iako
Inspiration: The ama(cross piece) is normally from the Ohia lehua tree and lashed painstakingly by cord. Legend has it that Pele(volcano goddess) fell in love with a handsome warrior Ohia. he had already pledged his love to Lehua. Furious, Pele turned Ohia into a twisted tree. Lehua was heartbroken. The gods turned Lehua into a flower on the Ohia tree so that the two lovers would be joined together forever
Questions? Ready for an appointment?