- 11/1/2019 - FEATURED HAWAIIAN NOTE CARD - Palms of Life Hawaii Note Card Collection
Artist Hank Taufaasau finds expression in the Palms of Life Collection.
- 11/4/2019 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Lei I Ka Mamo Hulu Melemele (Lei Of Yellow, Mamo Flowers)
Inspiration: From Ka'ahumanu, by Helen Desha Beamer in 1916 for Ahahui Ka'ahumanu, a women's benevolent society that wear the yellow feather lei. Dancers derive inspiration from I'olani Luahine.
- 11/11/2019 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Nani Wale Na Hala (Beautiful Are The Hala Trees)
Inspiration: From Na Hala O Naue, by J. Nahinu, 1888, honoring Kaleleonalani (flight of the Heavenly ones), the name given to Queen Emma, wife of Kamehameha IV, after the death of her son and husband. Often performed with the pu'ili, or split bamboo.
- 11/14/2019 - Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau Newsletter November 2019
Latest news, events, new art and more from Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau.
- 11/18/2019 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Paio!. Paio Like Mau!
Inspiration: From I Mua Kamehameha, rally song written for Kamehameha Schools by Charles E. King in 1928
Questions? Ready for an appointment?