- 1/1/2019 - FEATURED HAWAIIAN NOTE CARD - Chinatown - Honolulu, Hawaii Note Card Collection
Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau examines the realities of daily life in Chinatown - Honolulu, Hawaii.
- 1/7/2019 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Kahi-1
Inspiration: Kahi! The art of pushing and pulling in chorus to turn the canoe 180 degrees.
- 1/14/2019 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Ohia 'Iako
Inspiration: The ama(cross piece) is normally from the Ohia lehua tree and lashed painstakingly by cord. Legend has it that Pele(volcano goddess) fell in love with a handsome warrior Ohia. he had already pledged his love to Lehua. Furious, Pele turned Ohia into a twisted tree. Lehua was heartbroken. The gods turned Lehua into a flower on the Ohia tree so that the two lovers would be joined together forever
- 1/21/2019 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - E Pule Kakou
Inspiration: Let us pray. At the end of a paddling session, it is traditional to join (kakou) in a prayer (pule) of Thanksgiving that we returned safe and sound.
- 1/28/2019 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Pau Ka Hana
Inspiration: Relax. Work's over, Time to chill, Have a beer. Take your sweaty do rag off.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?