- 8/1/2018 - FEATURED NOTE CARD COLLECTION - Palms of Life Hawaii Note Card Collection - Hawaiian Note Card Collections
Artist Hank Taufaasau finds expression in the Palms of Life Collection.
- 8/1/2018 - NEW IMAGE - Each Time Honolulu City Lights( Stir Up Memories In Me)
Inspiration: From Honolulu City Lights, Keola Beamer, 1978.
- 8/1/2018 - NEW IMAGE - Ka Wai Pa'ihi I Ka Pu'uwai (Water Dear To My Heart)
Inspiration: From Kalena Kai. The precious nature of water, under the guidance of Kanaloa, God of the ocean
- 8/1/2018 - NEW IMAGE - Kou Lima Nani E (Lovely Hula Hands)
Inspiration: From Lovely Hula Hands, by R. Alex Anderson, 1940. Of all the hapa-haole songwriters, Anderson comes closest to capturing the Hawaiian sound.
- 8/1/2018 - NEW IMAGE - Ku'u Pua, Ku'u Lei, Ku'u Milimili
Inspiration: (My flower and Lei; mine to cherish) From Ka Makani Ka'ili Aloha, story of a Kipahulu man whose wife left him. Chanting love songs into a calabash, he set it afloat. The wife, gathering lipoa in the ocean, spotted the calabash and realized she was deeply loved, and returned to her husband.
- 8/1/2018 - NEW IMAGE - Lei I Ka Mamo Hulu Melemele (Lei Of Yellow, Mamo Flowers)
Inspiration: From Ka'ahumanu, by Helen Desha Beamer in 1916 for Ahahui Ka'ahumanu, a women's benevolent society that wear the yellow feather lei. Dancers derive inspiration from I'olani Luahine.
- 8/1/2018 - NEW IMAGE - Nani Wale Na Hala (Beautiful Are The Hala Trees)
Inspiration: From Na Hala O Naue, by J. Nahinu, 1888, honoring Kaleleonalani (flight of the Heavenly ones), the name given to Queen Emma, wife of Kamehameha IV, after the death of her son and husband. Often performed with the pu'ili, or split bamboo.
- 8/1/2018 - NEW IMAGE - Paio!. Paio Like Mau!
Inspiration: From I Mua Kamehameha, rally song written for Kamehameha Schools by Charles E. King in 1928
- 8/2/2018 - NEW ART COLLECTION - Na Hula Mele - Art Collection By Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau
Featuring eight new paintings by artist Taufaasau that celebrate the timeless vibrancy of traditional Hawaiian Dance and Music.
- 8/4/2018 - NEW HAWAIIAN NOTES CARDS - Na Hula Mele Note Card Collection By Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau
NEW - Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau celebrates the timeless vibrancy of traditional Hawaiian Dance and Music.
- 8/6/2018 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - E Pule Kakou
Inspiration: Let us pray. At the end of a paddling session, it is traditional to join (kakou) in a prayer (pule) of Thanksgiving that we returned safe and sound.
- 8/7/2018 - Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau Newsletter August 2018
Latest news, events, new art and more from Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau.
- 8/13/2018 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Pau Ka Hana
Inspiration: Relax. Work's over, Time to chill, Have a beer. Take your sweaty do rag off.
- 8/20/2018 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Team Kanu Connection
Inspiration: Everything needed for a successful journey.
- 8/27/2018 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - From Central Middle Playground
Inspiration: Every morning, on my way to work in Chinatown, I view this glimpse of Chinatown through the playground of Central Middle School.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
Like Our Facebook