- 10/1/2017 - FEATURED NOTE CARD COLLECTION - Hiki'L a Pa'a (Tied and Secured) Hawaii Note Card Collection - Hawaiian Note Card Collections
Hiki'l a Pa's (Tied and Secured) - These lashing are the lifeblood of Hawaiian canoe paddling.
- 10/2/2017 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Historic Wo Fat
Inspiration: The centerpiece of the real Chinatown. The oldest restaurant in Honolulu's Chinatown, unfortunately, now shuttered. In its former glory, one could hear the clack-clacking of mah-jongg tiles daily at lunchtime emanating from the second floor.
- 10/3/2017 - Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau Newsletter October 2017
Latest news, events, new art and more from Hawaii Artist Hank Taufaasau.
- 10/9/2017 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Chinatown from Punchbowl
Inspiration: Looking down from the crater, one gets a wonderful view of the urban sprawl. From the business community to the mundane affordable residences toward the right. Talk about the wrong side of the tracks represented by Nuuanu Avenue
- 10/16/2017 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Rita's
Inspiration: The makai/ewa corner of Nuuanu Avenue with Marin Tower in the background. One anonymous guote, "...I also remember during my high school days driving by Hotel Street to spahk da hookahs trying to pick up servicemen."
- 10/23/2017 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Everyday River Street
Inspiration: Professor Peter Kun Frary called it, "The Venice of Honolulu" ... in jest? The best hidden jewels of local eateries ... places where only locals are welcome.
- 10/30/2017 - FEATURED HAWAII ART - Smith Union
Inspiration: The oldest active bar in Honolulu next to the infamous Club Hubba Hubba, once the center of Honolulu's burlesque scene, as well as the scene of World War II's R and R businesses where for 3 dollars, a guy could find guick ...uh...relaxation.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
Like Our Facebook